[Peace] [OccupyCU] CUCPJ Stands in Solidarity with James Kilgore.

C. G. Estabrook via Peace peace at lists.chambana.net
Mon May 12 12:26:03 EDT 2014

It's obviously fatuous for Kennedy to suggest that "the UI shouldn't employ anyone with history of terrorism" - not only because it's a clear violation of academic freedom.

Were that put into practice, all veterans of the Obama-Bush terror wars would have to be dismissed (as well as most of the political science department and the other ideological disciplines - history, sociology, etc.).

But I do think Kilgore has made a mistake in not speaking publicly about his politics, then and now.

His silence contributes to the Obama administration's effective removal of awareness of its terrorism -  which is ongoing, in Europe, Africa, and Asia - from the consciousness of the US public.

All three of our Congressional representatives support it, as do all Democratic candidates for president.

Polls reveal that the US public is overwhelmingly opposed to the US government's war (as it was forty years ago), but any attempt to end the administration's terrorism (and the university's complicity) will have to be conducted as a public campaign, both electoral and extra-electoral.

"Qui tacet consentiret: the maxim of the law is 'Silence gives consent'" [Sir Thomas More].

--CGE