[Peace] Fwd: [Discuss] Fwd: IVSIT presents: Listen - a new performance piece about justice and healing

Karen Medina via Peace peace at lists.chambana.net
Wed Nov 12 23:28:06 EST 2014

>From a friend:
"I saw this play last night and I think it should be mandatory for anyone
in the local community concerned with issues of racial justice and
policing. It is set in Champaign-Urbana, the drama itself takes place in
the IMC. It deals with the complexities of healing, of responsibility, of
system change, the whole nine. There is also a dialog afterwards which is a
powerful opportunity to share ideas and experiences. I urge all of you to
find a way to see this production. And it is free!!"

 Listen

*a new performance piece about justice and healing.*

Two years after a black child is killed by a white police officer, a
community finds that it is still unsettled.  Through a Restorative Justice
Circle, some members of that community agree to come together to talk and
to listen.  Taking this opportunity to speak openly and honestly about
their thoughts, feelings and experiences, many complexities of race,
privilege, and justice are revealed.

The performance, as always, will be followed by an open dialogue where we
welcome you to join the circle to share and to listen.

[was also Tuesday and Wednesday, but you missed these already]

Thursday, November 13 at 7pm

Friday, November 14 at 5pm and 7pm

 The Armory Free Theatre, Room 160

505 E. Armory