[Peace] Piano music--can you handle it?

Susan Parenti via Peace peace at lists.chambana.net
Tue Nov 18 21:05:15 EST 2014

Most people turn off in hearing ‘classical’ piano music—the sound is old. (But who listens for structure-- and its radical implications?)

This Thursday, November 20th 7-9pm,  the series “My work in the light of Herbert and Marianne Brun” will host Kirk Corey, composer, pianist, computer technologist, clown extraordinaire.

From Kirk’s piano playing, I learned that Schubert’s left hand ostinati meant something critical and comedic. Reappraisal of ‘classical’ music—made me halt in my tracks.

Kirk Corey will both play piano and present.Not to be missed.

Please come, especially if your ears are tired of listening—to---well, anything.

Reserve a place http://inthelightof.bpt.me, or just come over. 122 franklin, urbana.

Susan Parenti
Educational Coordinator

The School for Designing a Society www.designingasociety.net