[Peace] Fwd: Two important issues before Congress

Debra Schrishuhn via Peace peace at lists.chambana.net
Thu Nov 20 08:31:17 EST 2014

Just a note--Progressive Democrats of America members are in the
process of delivering our monthly letters to Congressional district
and DC offices, complete with follow-up calls to each office. Last
month we delivered 391 letters, and expect to deliver a comparable
number this month. Our House letters include requests on both of these
issues and our Senate letter contains the following language:

Demand a debate on, and oppose, U.S. military intervention against
ISIS. Also, vote against any new or renewed Authorization for the Use
of Military Force (AUMF) against ISIS. The Iraq War helped create
ISIS. More warfare will only increase turmoil and bloodshed in the
Middle East.

To date, there is no Senate companion bill to Rep. Hank Johnson's HR 5478.

We are also asking for opposition to the TTP, expansion of voting
rights, jobs legislation, and other issues of vital national
importance. If you would like to join our national phone bank team,
please contact Mike Fox at mikefox at pdamerica.org. If you would like to
become involved in local delivery of letters to Sens Durbin and Kirk
and Reps Davis and Shimkus, please contact me at
deb.pdamerica at gmail.com

Deb