[Peace] Torture Report: Mark Udall's World-Historical Moment to Rescue CIA Oversight

Carl G. Estabrook via Peace peace at lists.chambana.net
Tue Nov 25 22:36:15 EST 2014

I think Wayne is quite right, but I also think it's worthwhile to urge Udall to read the torture report into the Congressional Record - as Sen. Gravel did with the Pentagon Papers long ago.

He won't do it, but people should be made aware that it's possible, and that it's the Democrats who are keeping the report secret.

Obama and Clinton are deeply immersed in this filthy business, and they shouldn't be allowed to blame it on the Republicans (who of course are just as guilty).

Talk Nation Radio: Mike Gravel Advises Mark Udall on How to Make Torture Report Public

By davidswanson - Posted on 25 November 2014

https://soundcloud.com/davidcnswanson/talk-nation-radio-mike-gravel-advises-mark-udall-on-how-to-make-torture-report-public

Former U.S. Senator Mike Gravel explains how he put the Pentagon Papers into the Congressional Record and gave them to the media in 1971, and how outgoing Senator Mark Udall could answer the growing public demand and do the same with the long-censored torture report. A petition urging Udall to act is here:

<http://releasethetorturereport.com/?code=RootsAction>

--CGE