[Peace] Important Announcements and Upcoming Events

SJP UIUC via Peace peace at lists.chambana.net
Wed Sep 17 17:56:15 EDT 2014

Hey everyone!

We have a few announcements about things going in the UIUC area:

*General Announcements*
*Forwarded Message: STEM for Salaita letter and meeting*
Please sign the letter and send it to your scientist, engineer, and
mathematician friends!
Here's the link: http://stemforsalaita.tumblr.com/
<http://stemforsalaita.tumblr.com/>
There will also be a meeting to get some more scientists and engineers
talking about next steps for bringing this issue to STEM students and
departments.
Here's a doodle poll to schedule a meeting. Please respond by Thursday.
http://doodle.com/m3akk48ephyux4xq

***Getting removed from SJP UIUC listserv*
If you, for any reason, would like to be removed from our listserv send us
an email! Thanks!

*Important Dates*

*Thursday, September 18th*
*Bake Sale*
SJP will be having their second bake sale tomorrow! We will be sending out
a sign-up spreadsheet in you'd like to help.
*Location:* Anniversary Plaza (on the quad)
*Time:* 11:00 am-4:00 pm
*Facebook Event Link:*
https://www.facebook.com/events/734586923243491/?ref=2&ref_dashboard_filter=upcoming

*Academic Freedom and Political Dissent: A Conversation with Katherine
Franke and the Community*
Professor Franke has volunteered to come to our community on her own funds
to speak out about issues of academic freedom and controversial speech.
*Location:* Urbana-Champaign Independent Media Center
*Time:* 7:00 pm-9:00 pm
*Facebook Event Link:  <goog_671942630>*
https://www.facebook.com/events/337619563078986/?ref=2&ref_dashboard_filter=upcoming

*Monday, September 29th*
*Academic Freedom Across the Disciplines*
*Location: *Beckman Institute Auditorium at UIUC
*Time: *4 pm

In solidarity,
SJP UIUC