[Peace] If you're going to 9/21 NYC Climate March, join up with the Yes Lab

Stuart Levy via Peace peace at lists.chambana.net
Thu Sep 18 18:25:42 EDT 2014

In case anyone on this list is heading for the Sep 21st Climate March in
New York City, you can try meeting up with the wonderful Yes Lab people...

Subject:
#PeoplesClimate March - JOIN US!
From:
"Yes Lab" <yeslab at asb.yeslab.org>
Date:
9/18/14 12:19 PM

To:
uypwoq <imc at urbana.indymedia.org>

Check out the latest news, musings and events from the Yes Lab
Email not displaying correctly? Click here
<https://asb.yeslab.org/civicrm/mailing/view?reset=1&id=188>

Yes Lab

Facebook
<https://asb.yeslab.org/sites/all/modules/civicrm/extern/url.php?u=473&qid=1013501>
Twitter
<https://asb.yeslab.org/sites/all/modules/civicrm/extern/url.php?u=486&qid=1013501>
Google+
<https://asb.yeslab.org/sites/all/modules/civicrm/extern/url.php?u=487&qid=1013501>
Email
<https://asb.yeslab.org/civicrm/mailing/forward?reset=1&jid=625&qid=1013501&h=f9a2d19cdc1aadb6>

*Yes Lab Workshop:
Creative Direct Action for Climate Justice***

*Saturday, September 20th
10:45a-12:15p
NYC Climate Convergence
<https://asb.yeslab.org/sites/all/modules/civicrm/extern/url.php?u=474&qid=1013501>
16 Beaver, 4th Floor*
*FREE and OPEN TO THE PUBLIC*

In the lead up to #PeoplesClimate March
<https://asb.yeslab.org/sites/all/modules/civicrm/extern/url.php?u=489&qid=1013501>
on 9/21, we're particpating in a day of teach-ins and workshops. JOIN US!

Formed by The Yes Men, the Yes Lab
<https://asb.yeslab.org/sites/all/modules/civicrm/extern/url.php?u=475&qid=1013501> helps
activists and organizations carry out media-getting direct actions. In
this workshop, we will share some juicy nuggets of how we develop
effective, fun and meaningful actions that you can use for raising
climate awareness.

We'll also preview our brand new tool, the Action Switchboard
<https://asb.yeslab.org/sites/all/modules/civicrm/extern/url.php?u=476&qid=1013501>,
which is a human moderated online platform that will be released next
month. It will allow you to initiate and join direct political actions,
connect with supportive NGOs, receive training and resources to help put
important issues into the spotlight, and share stories of your actions.
Join Andy and the Yes Lab team to be among the first to get a peek!

Please register
<https://asb.yeslab.org/sites/all/modules/civicrm/extern/url.php?u=477&qid=1013501>
with NYC Climate Convergence if you plan on attending. Look for the
event titled "The Yes Lab presents: The Action Switchboard, An Online
Tool for Organizing
Creative Resistance". Follow @NYCconvergence
<https://asb.yeslab.org/sites/all/modules/civicrm/extern/url.php?u=478&qid=1013501>
and @theyesmen
<https://asb.yeslab.org/sites/all/modules/civicrm/extern/url.php?u=479&qid=1013501>
on Twitter for updates.

*Bring a bathing suit and beach ball and join us for a fun, low risk
direct action after the workshop:*

<https://asb.yeslab.org/sites/all/modules/civicrm/extern/url.php?u=480&qid=1013501>

**RSVP on Facebook**
<https://asb.yeslab.org/sites/all/modules/civicrm/extern/url.php?u=480&qid=1013501>

***MONDAY 9/22:***

***#FloodWallStreet***

***
<https://asb.yeslab.org/sites/all/modules/civicrm/extern/url.php?u=485&qid=1013501>*

*Monday, September 22nd
9am
Gather @ Battery Park*

On Monday, September 22nd at 9:00 am, thousands of people will gather at
Battery Park in Lower Manhattan to confront the root cause of the
climate crisis - an economic system based on exploiting frontline
communities, workers and natural resources.  On the heels of the
largest-ever march on climate change, we have an opportunity to
transform the economic system driving this crisis.

Wearing blue to represent the sea that surrounds us, we rise to the
steps of the NY Stock Exchange at 12:00 pm, flooding the area with our
bodies in a massive sit-in - a collective act of nonviolent civil
disobedience - to confront the system that both causes and profits from
the crisis that is threatening humanity.

There is no time to waste - Wall Street must be transformed.  Through
the power of people taking collective action we will build an economy
based on justice and sustainability and stop the climate crisis.

Full call to action and information here:  http://floodwallstreet.net

*9 AM* - Gather @ Battery Park - Breakfast and Music from Rude
Mechanical Orchestra
*9:30 AM* - Speakers - including frontline community leaders of the
Climate Justice Alliance, Naomi Klein, Rebecca Solnit and Chris Hedges
*11 AM* -- Nonviolent Direct Action Training & March
*12 PM *-- Flood Wall St. and mass Sit-in

**Sign up for updates and more information:*
*http://www.beyondthemarch.org/floodwallstreet
<https://asb.yeslab.org/sites/all/modules/civicrm/extern/url.php?u=483&qid=1013501>**

**Join the Facebook event:*
*facebook.com/floodwallstreet
<https://asb.yeslab.org/sites/all/modules/civicrm/extern/url.php?u=484&qid=1013501>**

This has been a Yes Lab communique.

<https://asb.yeslab.org/sites/all/modules/civicrm/extern/url.php?u=488&qid=1013501>
Google+
<https://asb.yeslab.org/sites/all/modules/civicrm/extern/url.php?u=487&qid=1013501>
Email
<https://asb.yeslab.org/civicrm/mailing/forward?reset=1&jid=625&qid=1013501&h=f9a2d19cdc1aadb6>

You received this email because you signed up to receive information
from The Yes Lab. Learn more and connect by visiting our web site
YesLab.org
<https://asb.yeslab.org/sites/all/modules/civicrm/extern/url.php?u=475&qid=1013501>
and please join/like our Facebook Page
<https://asb.yeslab.org/sites/all/modules/civicrm/extern/url.php?u=473&qid=1013501>