[Peace] Fwd: [Announce] Dave Roediger back in town on Friday

Brian Dolinar briandolinar at gmail.com
Wed Apr 1 16:25:27 EDT 2015

Event Detail Information
SHAME on I
Speaker

David Roediger (University of Kansas) and Roderick Ferguson (UIC)
DateApr 3, 2015
Time12:00 pm
Location

The Channing-Murray Foundation, corner of Mathews and Oregon St. in Urbana
Cost

Free and Open to the Public
Sponsor

Co-sponsored by the Shame on I Solidarity Collective and the
Channing-Murray Foundation. This event is not sponsored by or affiliated
with the University of Illinois.
Event typeReading
Views0
Originating CalendarAmerican Indian Studies Program
<http://illinois.edu/calendar/list/1535>

David Roediger will be reading from and discussing his new book _Seizing
Freedom: Slave Emancipation and Liberty for All_ (Verso). Roderick Ferguson
will be reading from and discussing his recent book _The Reorder of Things:
The University and Its Pedagogies of Minority Difference_ (Minnesota). Both
of these authors are appearing off campus in support of the international
boycott of the University of Illinois, Urbana-Champaign and are
volunteering their time and paying their own expenses in support of the
struggle for academic freedom and for justice for Steven Salaita. Please
join the Shame on I Solidarity Collective and the Channing-Murray
Foundation in welcoming these excellent progressive intellectuals to
Champaign-Urbana.
James Kilgore
Research Scholar
Center for African Studies
University of Illinois (Urbana-Champaign)

Brian Dolinar, Ph.D.
briandolinar.com