[Peace] NCB: Showing Up For Racial Justice

elizaBeth Simpson elizacorps at gmail.com
Tue Feb 3 20:50:45 EST 2015

Please join fellow community members in taking action steps to mobilize
towards racial justice in our community!

Sunday Feb. 8
4-6pm
Champaign Public Library
Robeson Pavilion Room C (across from Latte Da)

At this important meeting, we will be shaping what a SURJ chapter looks
like in our community, as well as identifying other ways in which we want
to show up for racial justice.

If you can't make it, PLEASE send (or post on FB) your ideas of what you
would like to see happen, or how you can step up to make it happen.

Some directions that have been identified:
- Resource Accountability partners
- Occasional reading group and/or Ongoing reading group
- Mobilization around community concerns (e.g. council meetings, letters to
the editor, protests)
- Support for organizations who are having difficulty with members due to
white ignorance about issues of racism

Please RSVP to the Facebook event
<https://www.facebook.com/events/1586425478237007/?context=create&previousaction=create&source=49&sid_create=2197592845>
 at https://www.facebook.com/events/1586425478237007/

Or call 217-344-0721 or email andrea at ywcauofi.org to tell us you want to
join us!

If you would like to join the listserv, please request membership here:
https://groups.google.com/forum/#!forum/cu-surj

SURJ is a national network of groups and individuals organizing white
people for racial justice. Through community organizing, mobilizing, and
education, SURJ moves white people to act as part of a multi-racial
majority for justice with passion and accountability. We work to connect
people across the country while supporting and collaborating with local and
national racial justice organizing efforts. SURJ provides a space to build
relationships, skills, and political analysis to act for change.

Learn more about SURJ at the national level here:
http://www.showingupforracialjustice.org/

In community,
elizaBeth