[Peace] SURJ (Racial Justice) meeting Sunday, Feb 8, 4pm-6pm/ Champaign Public Library

Karen Medina kmedina67 at gmail.com
Sat Feb 7 12:06:50 EST 2015

Mobilize racial justice in our community!

Showing Up for Racial Justice
Sunday Feb. 8
4-6pm
Champaign Public Library / 200 W. Green, Champaign, Illinois
Robeson Pavilion Room C

At this important meeting, we will be shaping what a SURJ chapter looks
like in our community, as well as identifying other ways in which we want
to show up for racial justice.

Some directions that have been identified:
- Resource Accountability partners
- Occasional reading group and/or Ongoing reading group
- Mobilization around community concerns (e.g. council meetings, letters to
the editor, protests)
- Support for organizations who are having difficulty with members due to
white ignorance about issues of racism

Please RSVP to the Facebook event
<https://www.facebook.com/events/1586425478237007/?context=create&previousaction=create&source=49&sid_create=2197592845>
 at https://www.facebook.com/events/1586425478237007/

If you would like to join the listserv, please request membership here:
https://groups.google.com/forum/#!forum/cu-surj

SURJ is a national network of groups and individuals organizing white
people for racial justice. Through community organizing, mobilizing, and
education, SURJ moves white people to act as part of a multi-racial
majority for justice with passion and accountability. We work to connect
people across the country while supporting and collaborating with local and
national racial justice organizing efforts. SURJ provides a space to build
relationships, skills, and political analysis to act for change.

Learn more about SURJ at the national level here:
http://www.showingupforracialjustice.org/