[Peace] Unit 4 school board, special meeting Monday, January 5, 2015; 6pm

Karen Medina via Peace peace at lists.chambana.net
Sun Jan 4 22:52:38 EST 2015

The Champaign School facilities referendum failed in November 2014
The referendum clumped together a bunch of things.

Monday, January 5, 2015; 6pm
Special meeting of the Champaign Community Unit School District # 4
Mellon Administrative Center / 703 S. New Street, Champaign, IL

I plan to attend and say that I support the schools, that I would gladly
support parts of the referendum (like construction at Centennial), but not
the building of a huge high school out in the middle of nowhere. I would
rather have 2 smaller new schools in town so that busing (of poor kids
especially) could be reduced. There is no infrastructure out there. There
is not even a fire station near enough to put out potential fires. No
public buses (Lynn Stucky is lying when she says there is). All that
infrastructure would cost even more tax money. The Consent Decree demanded
more seats for kids on the north end, not out in the middle of nowhere.

The agenda:
http://www.champaignschools.org/sites/default/files/meetings/agendas/January%205%202015%20SpecMtg%20Agenda.pdf

The notice of the special meeting:
http://www.champaignschools.org/sites/default/files/meetings/notices/Notice%20of%20Meeting%20%20January%205%202015.pdf

A closed session in accordance with the Illinois Open Meeting Act (5ILCS
120/2c) will be necessary to
consider one or more of the following subjects including, but not limited
to:
120/2(c)(1) Employee appointments, employment, compensation, dismissals,
complaints
120/2(c)(2) Negotiations
120/2(c)(3) Selection of a person to fill a public office
120/2(c)(5) Property Acquisition/Lease/Purchase
120/2(c)(8) Emergency Security Procedures
120/2(c)(9) Student Discipline
120/2(c)(11) Actual/Potential Litigation
120/2(c)(16) Self
-
Evaluation, practices and procedures or professional ethics when meeting
with a
representative of a statewide association of which the public body is a
member
120/2(
c)(21) Closed Meeting Minutes Discussion/Review