[Peace] help bring a political revolution home to Illinois

Debra Schrishuhn deb.pdamerica at gmail.com
Tue Jul 14 05:46:41 EDT 2015

Good morning.

This month Progressive Democrats of America is asking our members of
Congress to tackle income inequality head-on through Sen. Bernie
Sanders’ Inclusive Prosperity Act, a miniscule tax on certain
financial trades that would generate much-needed revenue for job
creation and social programs. We are fighting against the Citizens
United Supreme Court decision, working to expand family leave, remove
the ratification deadline to the Equal Rights Amendment, and promote
statehood for the District of Columbia.

In the House, we are working to add co-sponsors to Rep. Keith
Ellison’s version of the Inclusive Prosperity Act, allow states to
regulate money in elections, a package of bills to expand Medicare and
increase family leave, restore the US Post Office’s service and
standards, remove the ratification deadline on the Equal Rights
Amendment, and promote statehood for the District of Columbia.

We are asking a lot of our members of Congress now because we have a
lot of problems to solve. Please add your name to our monthly letters
by answering this email either on this list or directly to me at
deb at pdamerica.org.

For a more progressive future,

Debra Schrishuhn
Co-Chapter Leader
Central Illinois PDA
Progressive Democrats of America
Pdamerica.org

Sen. Durbin/Kirk:
The Declaration of Independence asserts: "We hold these truths to be
self-evident, that all men are created equal, that they are endowed by
their Creator with certain unalienable Rights." Each July, we
celebrate by working to extend civil rights to all. As active voters
in [your district], we call upon you to join with us working to expand
basic civil rights, support diplomacy, and we invite you to join with
us re-declaring our independence from corporate domination by
cosponsoring the following legislation:

The Administration negotiated a historic international agreement with
the UK, France, Germany, Russia, and China to limit Iran’s nuclear
program, and deescalate a conflict that threatens to explode into a
war. We can't afford the loss of life and tax dollars in another
self-defeating war. We call upon you to vote for and support this
agreement.

Contact Sen. Bernie Sanders' office at (202)-225-5141 to cosponsor the
Inclusive Prosperity Act (S.1371). According to economists, a small
sales tax on certain financial trades could generate hundreds of
$billions in revenue annually, help create jobs, discourage
speculative bubbles, and provide funding to meet urgent needs and
priorities. Also to cosponsor S.J.Res.4, proposing a Constitutional
amendment to restore rights of the American people taken away in the
Citizens United and related decisions, to protect the integrity of our
elections, and to limit the corrosive influence of money in our
democratic process.

Contact Sen. Kirsten Gillibrand's office at (202) 224-4451 to
cosponsor the Family and Medical Insurance Leave Act (S. 786), to
provide paid and family medical leave benefits to certain individuals.
Also to cosponsor, the James Zadroga 9/11 Health and Compensation
Reauthorization Act (S. 928) to reauthorize the World Trade Center
Health Program and the 9/11 Victim Compensation Fund.

Extend constitutional rights to women and the residents of D.C.
Contact Sen. Ben Cardin's office at (202)-225-4524 to cosponsor
S.J.Res.15 to remove the time limit from the Equal Rights Amendment.
Also, contact Sen. Tom Carper's office at (202)-225-2441 to cosponsor
the New Columbia Admissions Act (S.1688).

We look forward to engaging you on these and other issues in the future.

Sincerely,

============================
Rep. Davis/Shimkus:

The Declaration of Independence asserts: "We hold these truths to be
self-evident, that all men are created equal, that they are endowed by
their Creator with certain unalienable Rights." As active voters in
[your district], we invite you to join with us re-declaring our
independence from corporate domination by cosponsoring the following
legislation:

The Administration negotiated a historic international agreement with
the U.K., France, Germany, Russia, and China to limit Iran’s nuclear
program, and deescalate a conflict that threatens to explode into a
war. We call upon you to vote for and support this agreement.

Contact Rep. Keith Ellison's office at (202)-225-4755 to cosponsor the
Inclusive Prosperity Act (H.R. 1464). According to economists, a small
sales tax on certain financial trades could generate hundreds of
$billions in revenue annually, help create jobs, discourage
speculative bubbles, and provide funding to meet urgent national needs
and priorities.

Contact Rep. Ted Deutch's office at (202)-225-3001 to cosponsor
H.J.Res.22, proposing an amendment to the Constitution to authorize
"Congress and the states to set reasonable limits on the raising and
spending of money...to influence elections," including preventing
corporations and other artificial entities from spending money to
influence elections.

Healthcare is human right. Contact Rep. John Conyers' office at
(202)-225-5126 to cosponsor the Expanded & Improved Medicare For All
Act (H.R. 676), to provide all U.S. residents with free medically
necessary healthcare. Also, contact Rep. Rosa DeLauro's office at
(202)-225-3661 to cosponsor the Family and Medical Insurance Leave Act
(H.R. 1439). And also, contact Rep. Carolyn Maloney's office at
(202)-225-7944 to cosponsor the James Zadroga 9/11 Health and
Compensation Reauthorization Act (H.R. 1786).

Contact Rep. David McKinley's office at (202)-225-4172 to cosponsor
H.Res.54, "Expressing the sense of the House of Representatives that
the United States Postal Service should take all appropriate measures
to restore service standards in effect as of July 1, 2012."

Extend constitutional rights to women and the residents of D.C.
Contact Rep. Jackie Speier's office at (202)-225-3531 to cosponsor
H.J.Res.51 to remove the time limit from the Equal Rights Amendment.
Also, contact Del. Eleanor Norton's office at (202)-225-8050 to
cosponsor the New Columbia Admissions Act (H.R.317).

We look forward to engaging you on these and other issues in the future.