[Peace] AFSC seeks support for refugees from Myanmar and Bangladesh

Stuart Levy stuartnlevy at gmail.com
Tue Jun 16 23:58:50 EDT 2015

[[ Though I don't usually pass solicitations for funding to the Peace
list, I'm making an exception for this message, which was sent to the
IMC. ]]

Subject:
Emergency Refugee Relief in Indonesia
From:
"Kerri Kennedy, AFSC" <actioncenter at afsc.org>
Date:
6/16/15 7:04 AM

To:
imc at ucimc.org

3 Days Only - Provide Relief Now
<http://salsa3.salsalabs.com/dia/track.jsp?v=2&c=0RxSpsIw0ZdyotpbcbwY7Cf1rVYAVU2a>

	Dear Friend,

You may have heard in the news about the Muslims from Myanmar and
Bangladesh who fled their countries on rickety boats because they face
discrimination and were denied citizenship. Over 1,000 Muslims have now
found refuge in Indonesia, after being turned away from Thailand and
Malaysia. Having fled their homes, they need emergency assistance.

AFSC has programs in both Myanmar and Indonesia, which gives us an
opportunity to use the resources we have in place to assist in relief
efforts with partners in the region.

The need is immediate. Please help support our humanitarian relief
efforts for Myanmar and Bangladeshi refugees and ongoing peace-building
work in Asia. We’re hoping to raise $20,000 by June 18th. Can you help?
<http://salsa3.salsalabs.com/dia/track.jsp?v=2&c=SQJxkCZTCZAYVbr%2B8R4GGSf1rVYAVU2a>

Refugees are currently being sheltered in the houses of the local
population, public facilities in the village, dormitories owned by
various government agencies and refugee camps. However, day-to-day items
like diapers and food are urgently needed.

Your gift will provide basic food and clothing supplies and help provide
transportation for distribution. For example, *a gift of $60 can provide
10 packs of baby diapers or 120 children’s undergarments*.

Donations made will go to refugee emergency relief efforts and
peace-building work in Asia, so please give as generously as you can
today!
<http://salsa3.salsalabs.com/dia/track.jsp?v=2&c=ec2GFF9DXceGtnRXRi%2F9ryf1rVYAVU2a>

(portrait) 	Sincerely,
(signature)
Kerri Kennedy
Associate General Secretary
International Programs

PROVIDE EMERGENCY RELIEF
<http://salsa3.salsalabs.com/dia/track.jsp?v=2&c=ch%2BDOi8KdYn00R0yj5AfRMfYA2STurkK>

American Friends Service Committee | 1501 Cherry Street,
Philadelphia, PA 19102

	AFSC.org
<http://salsa3.salsalabs.com/dia/track.jsp?v=2&c=NPnTqceTDHJXt7EAfkA65if1rVYAVU2a>

empowered by Salsa <http://www.salsalabs.com/?email>