[Peace] 'AWARE on the Air' for the 11th week of 2015 (recorded 3/10/15)

Carl G. Estabrook galliher at illinois.edu
Tue Mar 10 19:42:51 EDT 2015

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mEm8M1NcE_0

Introduction:
[1] Good evening and welcome to AWARE ON THE AIR for the 11TH week of 2015. Our program is presented by members and friends of AWARE, a local peace group. AWARE is an acronym for “Anti-War Anti-Racism Effort.” I’m Carl Estabrook.
[2] AWARE was established 13 years ago, after the attacks of 9/11/2001, by citizens of Champaign-Urbana who realized that the U.S. government would use those crimes to justify its already long-standing attempts to exercise military control over the Middle East. Mideast gas and oil are needed by America’s economic competitors in Europe and Asia, and control of them gives the U.S. an advantage over China, Germany, and other countries.
[3] Now, after thirteen years of war, President Obama - who was elected to end George Bush’s wars - is waging war is eight countries -  Afghanistan, Iraq, Syria, Libya, Pakistan, Somalia, Yemen,  and even the Philippines.
[4] Many Americans are unaware that he is conducting the most extreme terrorist campaign of modern times - a secret series of murders by drone whereby he’s already killed thousands of people - including hundreds of children. They are also unaware that he is bombing ISIS in Iraq and Syria in violation of the United Nations Charter, which forbids “the threat or use of force against the territorial integrity or political independence of any state” without the authorization of the U.N. Security Council; and that he is recklessly provoking war with Russia in Ukraine - where a U.S. proxy government has already killed thousands - to eviscerate the Russian economy and help the American 1% profit from disorder in Eurasia.
[5] Also, most Americans don’t know that US ‘special forces’ - death squads, like “American Sniper” - are active in more than 100 countries of the world. Their activities include kidnapping (“rendition”), torture, and murder. Americans don’t know, but the rest of the world does - and we’re hated for it.
[6] Champaign-Urbana AWARE recommends that you contact the president and our representatives in Congress and tell them to stop killing people around the world, and to bring all US troops home. The AWARE web page and Facebook page have email addresses and phone numbers for President Obama, Senator Dick Durbin, Senator Mark Kirk, Representative Rodney Davis.
[7] Thirteen years of non-stop US war-making is more than enough - and of course it didn’t begin with 9-11. But the administration that promised ‘hope and change’ in the war and the economy has dashed hopes and produced no change - except to expand the war.
[8] The Obama administration are today committing murder around the world, but pretending that they aren’t, in order to mislead the only enemy they really fear - the American people, who drove two presidents from office during the Vietnam war.
[9] And the government is helped in this deception by a compliant, big-business-run media, so Americans know far less about what’s going on than citizens of other countries.
[10] Tonight we’ll try to give abetter account, with commentaries from a panel of members and friends of AWARE...

###