[Peace] watch for information on a simulation game about the TPP

Karen Medina kmedina67 at gmail.com
Sun May 10 22:50:51 EDT 2015

Dear Peace,

As the Trans Pacific Partnership moves ahead, maybe it is time to learn a
little more about it. Wouldn't it be interesting to experience a
simulation? Yep, there is a TPP simulation game created by Gina Chamberlain
in Chicago. She is bringing the game to Urbana Illinois later this month
(May 2015). And the UU Church on Green St, Urbana will host it. The details
are still being worked out, sooo... watch for more details about the event.

"Survive or Thrive: Trade Simulation Game"

Have you ever wondered how we apply our principles of fair trade to
internationally negotiated trade agreements? We're told that Free Trade
agreements will be good for us - but who benefits? Does the topic seem too
big, too far away and too complicated?  The Trade Simulation Game is
designed to bring these issues to life through stories from our global
partners.  Each participant assumes a character in four trade stories
loosely based on real scenarios.  The characters share their realities with
others and work together to understand the role of trade agreements and the
people impacted by these agreements. Discussion focuses on how we can
respond on behalf of the poor and the environment. The game is an
interactive, fun way to learn about this important issue.

RSVP to njones at chicagofairtrade.org

For more information on the game contact Gina Chamberlain at
gina.chamberlain at pcusa.org.