[Peace] Today at 4:30pm: End the Lockout at Clifford-Jacobs Forging

Robert Naiman naiman at justforeignpolicy.org
Thu Oct 1 13:44:22 EDT 2015

A group of folks from Jobs with Justice - me and Ricky, at least - are
going to join the picket this afternoon. I will be there at 4:30. Ricky
will be there at 5.

Clifford-Jacobs Foundry
2410 N 5th St, Champaign, IL 61822

I'm told: north on Market past 74, turn after the Salvation Army thrift
store.

At 4:30, with whomever is there then and interested, I'm going to try to
deliver this petition to management, which currently has just over 100
signers:

http://petitions.moveon.org/sign/end-the-lockout-at-clifford?source=c.em&r_by=1135580

Whoever can come at 4:30, please come at 4:30 and let me know. Whoever can
come at 5, come at 5. Whoever can come at 5:15, come at 5:15.

If anyone happens to have appropriate signs - eg no unionbusting, union
yes, or a sign for your union - please bring those.

I set up a Facebook event, for people who use Facebook:

https://www.facebook.com/events/190635704604088/

I put the time at 4:30, but explained in the description that people who
can come at 5 should come at 5.

If there's a critical mass of 4:30 people signed up or who tell me they
will be there, I will send a press release to local media.

===

Robert Naiman
Policy Director
Just Foreign Policy