[Peace] Red Herring celebrating 48 years of raising activists / fundraiser Monday, October 19, 6pm-9pm

Karen Medina kmedina67 at gmail.com
Sat Oct 17 16:31:34 EDT 2015

Dear Peace,

Red Herring fundraiser.
The Red Herring has been the center of many peace movements, social
justice organizing, and local music, as well as food justice
principles into action.
* Come vote for your favorite chili (contestants are having a vegan
chili cook-off, you get to choose the winner!)
* 3 course meal
* Raffle
* Live music and entertainment (see below for a list)
All for $15 per person. $7 for children eleven years old and under.
"Vegan Chili Cook-off and Dessert Potluck"
Monday, October 19, 2015
6pm to 9pm
Red Herring Restaurant / Channing-Murray Foundation, 1209 W. Oregon
St., Urbana, IL 61801

Come celebrate the Red Herring's 48 years

Pre-purchase tickets at www.gofundme.com/growredherring by donating
$15 per person AND get a free raffle ticket.
email: redherringrestaurant at gmail.com for more information.
_________________________________
|   Can't make it to the fundraiser?            |
|   You can donate a dessert!                    |
|   You can donate an item for the raffle!   |
We will have performances throughout the evening from Paul Kotheimer,
Rachael Wilson, and John Coppess+presentations from local artist Beth
Darling and local group The Land Connection.
Raffle with awesome prizes from Living Yoga Center, Autumn Berry
Inspired, Green Yoga Spa, Urbana Acupuncture, llc, and other great
local artisans and businesses.
There will also be crafts for kids and a participatory Peace Flag making.
Come enjoy next Monday at The Red Herring from 6pm-9pm
We're raising funds to continue our cause for serving Urbana-Champaign
local, sustainable, and healing foods and to grow our projects in the
community.

-- karen medina