[Peace] HuffPo: Bernie Sanders Had A Great Response To War Hawks

Brussel, Morton K brussel at illinois.edu
Fri Sep 4 17:33:52 EDT 2015

Not terribly convincing… “But I think that this agreement has enough mechanisms in it to say to Iran that if they break the agreement, we’re going to snap back those sanctions, and they will be punished severely, and military force always remains an option. But I think we should do everything we can to stop Iran from getting a nuclear weapon without having to go to war.”

He implies that the Iranians are interested in getting nuclear weaponry, and if they fail to satisfy us, then “military force remains an option”. He evidently is sensitive to criticisms of his foreign policy non- policy, militarization, and all the rest, and wants to have it both ways. He’s seems not concerned with the nuclear weapon state Israel having such weapons.

On an different issue, I think that your use of the word “obsession” for those who are concerned with Israeli nuclear weaponry is quite revealing; Moreover, if Israel had no nuclear bombs, its position in the ME would be far weaker, including its behavior vis a vis to the Palestinians.

—mkb