[Peace] First meeting of the AWARE group reading Naomi & Francis

C. G. Estabrook carl at newsfromneptune.com
Tue Sep 22 23:46:39 EDT 2015

The AWARE reading group will have their first meeting of the fall tomorrow, Wednesday 23 September, at 6pm at 5 Litchfield Lane, Champaign.

We’ll talk about the following two texts and set up a schedule for weekly discussions of them:

~ "This Changes Everything: Capitalism vs. the Climate” (2014) by Naomi Klein; and
~ "Laudato si': On care for our common home” (2015) by Francis, bishop of Rome.

Members and friends of AWARE are invited to attend and participate in the discussion.

(Klein’s book is in the bookstores and libraries, and the pope’s encyclical is available in its entirety in several places online, e.g.
<http://w2.vatican.va/content/francesco/en/encyclicals/documents/papa-francesco_20150524_enciclica-laudato-si.html>;
I’m happy to say he’s taken the trouble to come to the US to initiate our discussion.)

—CGE