[Peace] JFP alert: ADL: Divest from West Bank settlements

Robert Naiman naiman at justforeignpolicy.org
Fri Dec 2 22:21:21 UTC 2016

To be your best,
you must divest.

[image: Just Foreign Policy]
<http://org.salsalabs.com/dia/track.jsp?key=-1&url_num=1&url=http%3A%2F%2Fjustforeignpolicy.org>

Dear Robert,

*Urge ADL CEO Jonathan Greenblatt to divest from West Bank settlements.*
Take Action
<http://org.salsalabs.com/dia/track.jsp?key=-1&url_num=2&url=http%3A%2F%2Fpetitions.moveon.org%2Fsign%2Fadl_national-disentangle%3Fr_by%3D1135580>

With the rise and election of Trump, anti-Semitism is appearing in
mainstream U.S. discourse in an unprecedented way. At the same time, *false
and grossly exaggerated accusations of anti-Semitism remain a potent
political weapon in U.S. politics*. Now, more than ever, we need
organizations that can serve the public as principled, credible, unbiased
investigators and referees of allegations of anti-Semitism in the U.S.

The Anti-Defamation League would be ideally positioned to occupy this role,
but unfortunately it currently suffers from a perceived *conflict of
interest*. In addition to advocating against anti-Semitism, *the ADL also
advocates for the unfettered expansion and legitimation of settlements in
the West Bank*. The ADL's entanglement in the settlements issue diminishes
the ADL's credibility on anti-Semitism in the eyes of many Americans. If
the ADL accuses an American who opposes the settlements of anti-Semitism, *many
Americans will wonder, rightly or wrongly, if the ADL's advocacy for
settlements is coloring the ADL's judgment*. Thus, *the ADL's settlements
advocacy undermines its ability to combat anti-Semitism*.

*Urge ADL CEO Jonathan Greenblatt to divest from West Bank settlements by
signing our petition at MoveOn
<http://org.salsalabs.com/dia/track.jsp?key=-1&url_num=3&url=http%3A%2F%2Fpetitions.moveon.org%2Fsign%2Fadl_national-disentangle%3Fr_by%3D1135580>.*

Thanks for all you do to help make U.S. foreign policy more just,

Robert Naiman, Avram Reisman, and Sarah Burns
Just Foreign Policy

*Help support our work!*
If you think our work is important, support us with a $15 donation.
http://www.justforeignpolicy.org/donate
<http://org.salsalabs.com/dia/track.jsp?key=-1&url_num=4&url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.justforeignpolicy.org%2Fdonate>

[image: Please support our work. Donate for a Just Foreign Policy]
<http://org.salsalabs.com/dia/track.jsp?key=-1&url_num=5&url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.justforeignpolicy.org%2Fdonate>

© 2016 Just Foreign Policy