[Peace] Know Your Rights for Immigrants / Wed Dec 7, 2016 / 5:30pm / U YMCA

Karen Medina kmedina67 at gmail.com
Wed Dec 7 18:07:29 UTC 2016

The student/volunteer group of Immigration Forum is having their
weekly Wednesday meeting tonight (Wednesday, December 7, 2016) at
5:30pm at the University YMCA, 1001 S. Wright St (in Clark Lounge).

** We will be discussing the updated Know Your Rights curriculum and
materials when encountering immigration police.**

Given the concerns of family members shared in Unit 4 and Unit 116
districts, I invite any advocates/educators from the local schools to
attend tonight's meeting.

We are preparing for a shorter version of the training to take place
at the Multicultural Center in Rantoul this Saturday and then discuss
a Know Your Rights outreach timeline and other strategies that speak
to questions/concerns of families.

--
-- karen medina
"The really great make you feel that you, too, can become great." - Mark Twain