[Peace] Urbana Sanctuary City Ordinance passed.

Brussel, Morton K brussel at illinois.edu
Tue Dec 20 17:17:30 UTC 2016

The humanitarian impulse seems admirable, but the reasoning seems nonexistent, flawed. If one advocates open borders, then there wouldn’t be an immigration problem. But if one wants to control immigration, i.e., laws to enforce it, then those laws will be enforced, and one will have people subject to deportation if they violate the laws. I see no way to get around that.
As for those already here, illegally, you can invoke amnesty, or courts to consider each case—a virtual unfeasibility— but then you have the future to contend with.

—mkb