[Peace] JFP alert: Congress: Defend #Senegal & #NewZealand UN vote against settlements

Robert Naiman naiman at justforeignpolicy.org
Mon Dec 26 18:55:00 UTC 2016

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: Just Foreign Policy <info at justforeignpolicy.org>
Date: Mon, Dec 26, 2016 at 12:49 PM
Subject: Congress: Defend #Senegal & #NewZealand UN vote against settlements
To: naiman at justforeignpolicy.org

[image: Just Foreign Policy]
<http://org.salsalabs.com/dia/track.jsp?v=2&c=dEaEsw6ZVbOZPIbJKs6pVYez%2BpU1Utud>

Dear Robert,

Urge Congress and President Obama to defend Senegal's and New Zealand's
votes on the UN settlement resolution.
Take Action
<http://org.salsalabs.com/dia/track.jsp?v=2&c=%2B2i5gCx3P8dbBkwi7kx0qIez%2BpU1Utud>

On December 23, the UN Security Council adopted a *historic resolution
against settlement colonies in the Palestinian West Bank*. The vote was
14-0, with the US abstaining. US Ambassador to the UN Samantha Power said
<http://org.salsalabs.com/dia/track.jsp?v=2&c=F0rkCUfHp%2FB9DvCyN7loKYez%2BpU1Utud>
following the vote: "Today the Security Council reaffirmed its established
consensus that the settlements have no legal validity."

Bibi Netanyahu retaliated for the vote by recalling ambassadors from New
Zealand and Senegal, and by ending all aid programs for Senegal
<http://org.salsalabs.com/dia/track.jsp?v=2&c=aIPci7U%2FHpHJHuZl0mYouYez%2BpU1Utud>
.

*Urge President Obama and Congress to stand with New Zealand and Senegal by
signing our petition at MoveOn
<http://org.salsalabs.com/dia/track.jsp?v=2&c=Tv4sGLwyYESGdX1snD2%2Bpoez%2BpU1Utud>.*

Thanks for all you do to help make U.S. foreign policy more just,

Robert Naiman, Avram Reisman, and Sarah Burns
Just Foreign Policy

*Help support our work! * If you think our work is important, support us
with a $15 donation.
http://www.justforeignpolicy.org/donate
<http://org.salsalabs.com/dia/track.jsp?v=2&c=97sNTYFd6S9m0WKlOA%2B%2Bloez%2BpU1Utud>

[image: Please support our work. Donate for a Just Foreign Policy]
<http://org.salsalabs.com/dia/track.jsp?v=2&c=xZSBAqAIjG%2FZBj3bV6Rh6Yez%2BpU1Utud>

© 2016 Just Foreign Policy