[Peace] JFP alert: Warren, Murphy: Support diplomacy & stand up to the Russia hawks

Robert Naiman naiman at justforeignpolicy.org
Wed Dec 28 21:42:05 UTC 2016

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: Just Foreign Policy <info at justforeignpolicy.org>
Date: Wed, Dec 28, 2016 at 4:23 PM
Subject: Warren, Murphy: Support diplomacy & stand up to the Russia hawks
To: naiman at justforeignpolicy.org

[image: Just Foreign Policy]
<http://org.salsalabs.com/dia/track.jsp?v=2&c=q8j0Q4KSY12ftG4WgRBjpf1NHpQzRBob>

Dear Robert,

Urge Sens. Warren & Murphy to stand up to the Russia hawks and support
diplomacy.
Take Action
<http://org.salsalabs.com/dia/track.jsp?v=2&c=t3sG0ayuk9axhQp9xTZNw%2F1NHpQzRBob>

Sens. *Elizabeth Warren* & *Chris Murphy* will be in a strong position to
shape debate over Russia policy in the next Administration. *Elizabeth
Warren* will be
<http://org.salsalabs.com/dia/track.jsp?v=2&c=zcEFegKl4uS8PNUBFGickf1NHpQzRBob>
on the Senate Armed Services Committee. *Chris Murphy*, the first Senator
<http://org.salsalabs.com/dia/track.jsp?v=2&c=kdIBeeIKG9dikWvBhXgkrf1NHpQzRBob>
to publicly challenge the Obama Administration's support for the
devastating Saudi war in Yemen, is on the Senate Foreign Relations
Committee.

Unfortunately, *some Democrats are planning to make common cause with John
McCain & Lindsey Graham* on Russia policy, pushing for a new Cold War that
would likely *jack up the already bloated Pentagon budget* at the expense
of domestic priorities like expanding Social Security, while *undermining
prospects for de-escalation of conflicts* in Ukraine, Syria, and Yemen.

*Urge Senator Elizabeth Warren & Senator Chris Murphy to stand up for
diplomacy and against the Russia hawks by signing our petition at MoveOn
<http://org.salsalabs.com/dia/track.jsp?v=2&c=NOD2gQNK5j%2Frhde9vril4P1NHpQzRBob>.*

Thanks for all you do to help make U.S. foreign policy more just,

Robert Naiman, Avram Reisman, and Sarah Burns
Just Foreign Policy

*We are trying to raise $20,000 before the end of this month! *If you think
our work is important, support us with a $17 donation.
http://www.justforeignpolicy.org/donate
<http://org.salsalabs.com/dia/track.jsp?v=2&c=shR55DcdDU%2BKIQNZe31sgv1NHpQzRBob>

[image: Please support our work. Donate for a Just Foreign Policy]
<http://org.salsalabs.com/dia/track.jsp?v=2&c=ec7ufVnoe%2BJ1ZW8m4tEylN6h7j3McLnc>

© 2016 Just Foreign Policy