[Peace] Young Women Lock Down TD Bank calling them for them to divest #NoDAPL

Robert Naiman naiman at justforeignpolicy.org
Mon Nov 21 13:27:08 UTC 2016

*Fw:*

*===*

*Right now: Young PA women from across the state have locked down a TD bank
in Philly, calling for them to divest their money from DAPL.* We're camped
out for as long as we can in the busiest area of downtown, across from city
hall.

The action was in response to a call from women of color for escalated
action at an intense moment where the path to ending the Dakota Access
Pipeline is in sight. We know that pressure on financial institutions work,
with the biggest international bank DNB pulling out.

TD bank is one of the major financial backers of the pipeline and it could
be next. *Without the funding provided by TD bank, the pipeline could not
go forward, and these human rights abuses would not be occurring.  *

*Can you help get the word out and share on social media* with THIS TWEET
and THIS FACEBOOK VIDEO?

https://twitter.com/eresnickday/status/800680682288775168

<https://mail.google.com/mail/u/3/goog_748203614>
https://twitter.com/eresnickday/status/800683346586202112

Sample tweet: Women shut down @TDBank_US in Philadelphia, PA in solidarity
with #StandingRock, demanding they #DivestFromDAPL #NoDAPL #BankExit

​

We want the folks at Standing Rock to know that escalated solidarity acts
are continuing. People all around the country are standing with them with
more than just words.

These banks rely on their public brand to make money.
Racism is bad for business.
Poisoning children is bad for business.
Digging up graves and destroying human remains is bad for business.
Attacking a pregnant woman, children and old people with attack dogs and
mace is bad for business.

Best,
Eva