[Peace] at change.org: Saudis Must Face Consequences for Promoting Extremism

Robert Naiman naiman at justforeignpolicy.org
Fri Sep 2 20:32:56 UTC 2016

OK, here's a little experiment. Gotta try things.

I fear that we might not make much progress on obstructing the Saudi arms
deal unless we can "cross over." The opposition can't just be liberal
weenies who care about international humanitarian law. We need some help
from Republicans who may not care about international humanitarian law that
much but don't like Saudi Arabia.

So I set up a petition at change.org, which is a "crossover site" - does
"Republican" stuff as well as "Democratic" stuff. The petition doesn't
mention Yemen at all. It just cites Farah Pandith saying in December that
there must be consequences for Saudi Arabia if it doesn't stop supporting
extremism, and then notes that eight months later, the New York Times
reports that both Clinton and Trump are calling out Saudi Arabia's support
of extremism, but neither is talking about consequences. Then it notes that
the Obama Administration has just announced a billion dollar weapons deal,
and that Senators Paul and Murphy plan to oppose it, and asks people to
support that.

"Send it up the flagpole and see who salutes."

Saudis Must Face Consequences for Promoting Extremism
https://www.change.org/p/u-s-senate-saudis-must-face-
consequences-for-promoting-extremism

===

Robert Naiman