[Peace] please call Durbin & Kirk today on Saudi Arabia

Robert Naiman naiman at justforeignpolicy.org
Tue Sep 27 15:55:58 UTC 2016

The Senate is expected to vote tomorrow on overriding the President's veto
of the Justice Against Sponsors of Terrorism Act, which would limit the
immunity of Saudi Arabia from lawsuits related to the 9/11 attacks.

A strong vote to override will increase the political space for challenging
the U.S.-Saudi relationship in the future.

In addition, we are trying to get Senators who voted against the Saudi arms
deal last week (both Durbin and Kirk voted against it) to mention the Saudi
war in Yemen during the debate tomorrow. So, feel free to add that to your
ask: "I also urge you to raise concerns about the Saudi war in Yemen during
the debate."

I just made my two calls. Took me two minutes.