[Peace] J Street: Censure Trump

Robert Naiman naiman at justforeignpolicy.org
Thu Aug 17 20:05:14 UTC 2017

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: Dylan Williams, J Street <info at jstreet.org>
Date: Thu, Aug 17, 2017 at 2:32 PM
Subject: Censure Trump
To: "Mr. Robert Naiman" <naiman at justforeignpolicy.org>

TELL CONGRESS: Censure President Trump for his defense of white
supremacists and neo-Nazis.
[image: J Street]

*TELL CONGRESS: Censure President Trump for his defense of white
supremacists and neo-Nazis.*

*TAKE ACTION »*
<http://act.jstreet.org/go/6088?t=5&akid=5969%2E183166%2E3XE0r5>

Robert --

With his remarks this week about what happened in Charlottesville,
President Trump disgraced himself and his office -- and horrified our
country.

We’ve seen a lot of unacceptable behavior and rhetoric from this president
and his administration. But giving praise and cover to neo-Nazis and white
supremacists crosses every line imaginable.

This kind of outrage requires an official rebuke from Congress. Members of
the House and Senate must go beyond condemning Trump -- they should pass a
resolution to officially censure him for his defense of hateful extremists.

We’re partnering with our friends at MoveOn.org to demand that Congress do
just that.

*TAKE ACTION NOW: Tell Representative Rodney Davis and Senators Richard J.
Durbin and Tammy Duckworth to back the formal censure of President Trump.*
<http://act.jstreet.org/go/6088?t=6&akid=5969%2E183166%2E3XE0r5>

Representatives Jerry Nadler, Bonnie Watson Coleman and Pramila Jayapal are
leading this effort. They’ll introduce legislation shortly to censure Trump
for his behavior after Charlottesville and urge him to fire employees, like
Sebastian Gorka and Steve Bannon, who cater to white supremacists.

Every member of Congress -- regardless of party -- should back them up.

A formal censure would send a message to President Trump that his conduct
is unacceptable -- and show the world that his behavior does not represent
American values.

*Join J Street and MoveOn: Call on Congress to censure President Trump for
his defense of neo-Nazis and white supremacists.
<http://act.jstreet.org/go/6088?t=7&akid=5969%2E183166%2E3XE0r5>*

Thanks,
Dylan Williams
VP for Government Affairs

DONATE
<https://act.jstreet.org/donate/support_jstreet/?t=1&akid=5969%2E183166%2E3XE0r5>
[image: Facebook]
<https://act.jstreet.org/go/3010?t=2&akid=5969%2E183166%2E3XE0r5> [image:
Twitter] <https://act.jstreet.org/go/620?t=3&akid=5969%2E183166%2E3XE0r5>

© 2017 J Street | www.jstreet.org
<http://act.jstreet.org/go/4518?t=4&akid=5969%2E183166%2E3XE0r5> |
info at jstreet.org

J Street is the political home for pro-Israel, pro-peace Americans who want
Israel to be secure, democratic and the national home of the Jewish people.
Working in American politics and the Jewish community, we advocate policies
that advance shared US and Israeli interests as well as Jewish and
democratic values, leading to a two-state solution to the
Israeli-Palestinian conflict.