[Peace] [Peace-discuss] Exercising the franchise

Karen Aram karenaram at hotmail.com
Thu Dec 28 13:15:09 UTC 2017

Happy New Year Carl

1. & 2. are definitely worth supporting.

3. Sounds good, I would personally love it, and it might be the only way to bring the troops home, keep people from starving………then what?

Unless we remove the Oligarchs controlled by the corporations we will have more of the same. Perpetual war, and an insidious whittling away of the UBI, just as we have seen a whittling away of social security, medicare, medicaid and all social services provided since the New Deal, in an effort to save capitalism. UBI, would pacify the people into “acquiescence,” when what we need is "revolution."

Neoliberal policies are short term fixes, when what we need is structural change. Complete structural/system change is the only way to prevent perpetual war, and global warming, and time is fast running out.