[Peace] NoDAPL protest *today* 4pm Wed, Chase Bank in Champaign

Stuart Levy stuartnlevy at gmail.com
Wed Feb 8 18:01:08 UTC 2017

NO to Dakota Access Pipeline!

Yesterday (2/7) the Army Corps of Engineers announced it will allow
construction of Dakota Access Pipeline immediately, without even the
legally required 14-day Congressional notice period.   Today, groups
across the country are protesting.  A demonstration is being organized
here against Chase Bank and PNC Bank, which are among those banks
funding the pipeline project.

The event starts at 4pm today (Feb 8th) at Chase Bank at 201 W
University Ave in downtown Champaign.

RSVP here:
https://actionnetwork.org/events/break-the-banks-defund-dapl-cu/

The local organizers are Cailie Kafura of Food and Water Watch and MJ
Oviatt of SECS.   They write:

    Join us in targeting two of the banks funding Dakota Access Pipeline
    that is located both here in Illinois and at Standing Rock. We will
    be starting our action at 4pm at the Chase Bank on University Avenue
    and continue on to the PNC Bank on Main Street. We will have at
    least two folks divesting their personal funds at each bank and
    anyone is welcome to join this action!

    Army Corps of Engineers just gave notice to grant DAPL easement and
    discard the Environmental Impact Statement, thanks to the Trump
    administration. This is neocolonialism. This is state-sanctioned
    violence. This is our water.

    We need everyone.

    #NoDAPL #BlackSnakeKillers #DefundDAPL