[Peace] Help us reach a million signatures to pardon Edward Snowden

Dianna Visek divisek at yahoo.com
Tue Jan 10 18:23:27 UTC 2017

Dear Dianna,
Thanks to supporters like you, more than 850,000 people have asked President Obama to pardon Edward Snowden since we launched our campaign.
This week, we're going to deliver all of those signatures to the White House. Can you help us get to 1 million signatures by asking your networks to take action using this link?
With just days left before a new and radically different administration takes power, we need to remind President Obama that Snowden undertook a moral, necessary, and patriotic act when he disclosed our government's unchecked surveillance programs. By pardoning him, President Obama has the chance to do the same.
That is why a wide array of national security experts [1], members of the news media [2], human rights advocates [3], and technology leaders [4] agree that leniency for Edward Snowden will benefit our country - and the world.
A presidential pardon isn't just just the right thing to do to correct past wrongs. It is necessary to reinforce democratic norms. As national security experts Ryan Goodman and Samuel Moyn wrote for Just Security in November:A pardon by such a highly respected President as Obama would go a long way to encouraging public servants to blow the whistle if and when Trump or his appointees break the sacred trust with our constitution or the rule of law. [5] With a single stroke of his pen, President Obama can reinforce American values, give hope to countless citizens, and place Snowden back where he belongs: at home, fighting for freedom alongside all of us. There is still time to help ensure the president hears our message loud and clear. Please forward this email to your networks and ask them to take action. You can also share via Twitter or Facebook. Thank you for fighting with us. Sincerely,The Pardon Snowden Team [1] Why Obama Should Pardon Edward Snowden, Lawfare, September 14, 2016 [2] Edward Snowden, Whistle-Blower, New York Times, January 1, 2014 [3] Pardon Edward Snowden, New York Times, September 15, 2016 [4] Edward Snowden is a saint, not a sinner, CNN, October 21, 2016 [5] Trump's Whistleblowers - Why Pardoning Manning and Snowden Makes Sense Now, Just Security, November 17, 2016