[Peace] Tonight's the night: CC Dems to vote on endorsing Keith Ellison for DNC

Ricky Baldwin baldwinricky at yahoo.com
Thu Jan 26 01:47:59 UTC 2017

Thanks - sorry to miss the meeting.

Sent from Yahoo Mail on Android

  On Wed, Jan 25, 2017 at 10:43 AM, Robert Naiman via Peace<peace at lists.chambana.net> wrote:

At tonight's meeting of the Champaign County DemocraticCentral Committee, we'll vote on whether to endorse Keith Ellison to be thenext chair of the Democratic Central Committee. The meeting is at 7pm, at theCCDems office in downtown Champaign.

The list of Central Committee members eligible to vote -that is, Democratic precinct captains - is here:

https://www.champaigncountyclerk.com/elections/docs/committeemen_democratic.pdf

Of those folks, my understanding is that the following have indicatedthat they support Keith and plan to attend the meeting:

FaruqR.A. Nelson

Danis RPelmore

CharleneStevens

JoshHartke

Aaron O.Ammons

EricJakobsson

RuthWyman

ChristopherStohr

JaredMiller

RobertNaiman

SandraHansen

MaryamAr-Raheem (party chair.)

(DavidBrayfield supports Keith but he is out of town; Evan Keller supports Keith buthe has moved.)

If someone is not on that sub-list, it doesn't necessarilymean they oppose; it may just mean we haven't reached them yet in the last fewdays.

Check the list of other folks and see whom you know. If youdon't have a phone number for them, maybe you have an email address or canmessage them on Facebook.

https://www.champaigncountyclerk.com/elections/docs/committeemen_democratic.pdf

The following link may be useful. It's the endorsement ofKeith by the Illinois Democratic County Chairmen’s Association. The linkincludes a list of Illinois Democrats who have endorsed Keith, including Senator TammyDuckworth and Rep. Carol Ammons.

http://ildcca.org/2017/01/idcca-endorses-congressman-keith-ellison-dnc-chairman/

Here's the national endorsement list:

https://keithfordnc.org/endorsements/

I'm hoping for an overwhelming yes vote tonight. I'm looking forwardto calling Emily in the state Dems office tomorrow morning and telling her thatChampaign County Democrats have voted overwhelmingly to endorse Keith to lead the DNC. Emilyreports to Mike Madigan and his deputy, the state party chair, both ofwhom will be voting in February on the next DNC chair.

===
Robert Naiman
Policy Director
Just Foreign Policy