[Peace] CALL RODNEY DAVIS: House Votes Today on Saudi war in Yemen

Robert Naiman naiman at justforeignpolicy.org
Thu Jul 13 15:30:26 UTC 2017

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: Just Foreign Policy <info at justforeignpolicy.org>
Date: Thu, Jul 13, 2017 at 10:07 AM
Subject: CALL YOUR REP!: House Votes Today on Saudi war in Yemen
To: naiman.uiuc at gmail.com

[image: Just Foreign Policy]
<http://org.salsalabs.com/dia/track.jsp?key=-1&url_num=1&url=http%3A%2F%2Fjustforeignpolicy.org>

Dear Robert,

Tell your Rep to vote against U.S. aid to the Saudi war in Yemen.

Take Action
<http://org.salsalabs.com/dia/track.jsp?key=-1&url_num=2&url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.justforeignpolicy.org%2Fact%2Fcall-in-davidson-nolan-ndaa-yemen-amdts>

Last night the House Rules Committee approved two amendments for votes
today that *fundamentally challenge U.S. participation in the Saudi war in
Yemen*. [1]

The *Davidson* [R-OH] amendment *prohibits U.S. military action not
authorized by the 2001 AUMF*. U.S. participation in the Saudi war in Yemen
is *not authorized* by the 2001 AUMF. That would *block the U.S. refueling
of Saudi warplanes bombing Yemen*.

The *Nolan* [D-MN] amendment *prohibits the deployment of U.S. troops to
participation in Yemen's civil war*. That would *block the U.S. refueling
of Saudi warplanes bombing Yemen*.

This devastating war, which was *never authorized by Congress*, has been
going on for more than two years and has pushed Yemen to the brink of
famine, with the worst cholera outbreak in the world, with the UN on the
verge of giving up on vaccination against cholera in Yemen because of the
war.

*We've never had votes like this before in either chamber.* We have no idea
how it will go. *Every Rep. needs to be called*, whether they are Democrat
or Republican, pro-Trump or anti-Trump.

*Call Rodney Davis now at **202-225-2371.* When you reach a staffer or
leave a message, you can say something like:

*"I urge you to vote YES on the Davidson and Nolan amendments to prohibit
U.S. participation in the unauthorized Saudi war in Yemen."*

When you've made your call, please report it *here
<http://org.salsalabs.com/dia/track.jsp?key=-1&url_num=3&url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.justforeignpolicy.org%2Fact%2Fcall-in-davidson-nolan-ndaa-yemen-amdts>*.

*Please forward this note to any contacts who might take action.*

Thanks for all you do to help make U.S. foreign policy more just,

Robert Naiman, Avram Reisman, and Sarah Burns
Just Foreign Policy

*If you think our work is important, support us with a $17 donation*.
http://www.justforeignpolicy.org/donate
<http://org.salsalabs.com/dia/track.jsp?key=-1&url_num=4&url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.justforeignpolicy.org%2Fdonate>