[Peace] There's still time to call Durbin and Duckworth against the Saudi arms deal

Robert Naiman naiman at justforeignpolicy.org
Thu Jun 8 15:04:01 UTC 2017

I don't have much doubt that when it comes to a vote, Durbin and Duckworth
will vote for the Paul-Murphy-Franken resolution against the Saudi arms
deal. Durbin was one of 27 Senators who voted against the Saudi tank deal
in September. And Mark Kirk was another one of the 27. If Duckworth wasn't
at least as good as Mark Kirk on this, that would be pretty remarkable. And
you can bet we'd tell the whole world about it.

But they could do more than vote the right way. They could lead. They could
put out statements ahead of the vote, like Cardin did yesterday. That would
help line up all Senate Democrats to support the resolution of disapproval.
And if we get all or almost all Senate Democrats, we can win. All Senate
Dems plus Paul, Lee, Young, Heller equals 52.

The vote is expected today. Please call Durbin and Duckworth now.
*1-855-68-NO-WAR. *