[Peace] Comey-dian...

C. G. Estabrook cge at shout.net
Wed May 10 22:00:49 UTC 2017

[John Steppling]

"I keep reading postings about how Trump firing the head of the FBI is
an assault on democracy, or the American way of life, or something. The
front page of the Huffington Post is hysterical with cries for the need
to investigate Russian hacking. I have had three friends (sic) refuse to
discuss this with me when I questioned their sanity in believing the
russian hacking narrative. Not argue it...but refuse to argue it. Not
one, but three. There is no evidence of anything out of the ordinary
here. If there were, trust me we would have heard about it by now.

"So what I take from this is that the white establishment....to which
the aforementioned friends belong, really, is in crises. If Obama had
fired the head of the FBI what would the reaction have been? (the answer
is nothing.)

"But how is the US/Saudi assault on a defenceless Yemen not an assault
on Democracy? I mean congress didnt authorize it did they? Or how is the
orgy of state murder in Arkansas...including the suppression of new
evidence that might have exonerated one of the men executed.....how is
that not an assault on Democracy? How is the illegal assassination of
Qadaffi not an assault on Democracy or the coup orchestrated by Clinton
as secretary of state in Ukraine not an assault on Democracy? How is the
coup in Honduras or the current attacks on Venezuela not ....well...you
get the idea. How is the war on Syria.....and it is ON SYRIA.....how is
that not cause for outrage? None of these things matter to liberal
America. Dead Arab children....pshaw...can't be bothered. The execution
of mentally impaired men, from the underclass, denied adequate
representation....meh, cant be bothered. BUT....but when Trump fires the
head of a notoriously corrupt organ of surveillance and arrest and
worse.....an organization founded to quell dissent and rid the nation of
commies and minority troublemakers......how am I supposed to care
exactly?"

--CGE