[Peace] tomorrow, Friday, debut performance 'Glo Heart', play on global immigration--Please Come

Susan Parenti susanroseparenti at gmail.com
Fri Nov 3 01:19:52 UTC 2017

Hi Friends---Tomorrow, Friday, Nov. 3, 7:30pm at Channing Murray, our
troupe of 6 actors will perform 'Glo Heart', a play Mark Enslin and I wrote
based on the book Global Heartlands by U of I professor/writer/activist
Faranak Miraftab.

Please come. We need your help. We intend to tour with this play, in small
towns in Illinois, performing for people who don't sing in our choir (to
refer to that everlasting figure of speech).

*What's the history of this*? 3 years ago Faranak Miraftab asked us to
create a stage play based on her book. She had spent years interviewing
people in Beardstown about their immigration experiences--so her book is
full of their stories; she is indebted to them.  But she knew that very few
of these people would ever read her book. In gratitude to them, with a
sense of responsibility, she enlisted us to make something that could be
performed in their public library,their high schools that could honor their
experiences, welcome them, and also show the engineered hostility around
them.

So members of School for Designing a Society made hours of scripts, based
on this book.

Mark and I worked with that material, added our own structure--and now have
a 45 minute play that we think we can tour with.

Please be our audience, and then make us your audience--tell us what you
think!
--

[image: Inline image 1]
*Susan Parenti*