[Peace] JFP alert: TODAY: Tell Durbin to Help Murphy Break the Saudi Blockade of Yemen

Robert Naiman naiman at justforeignpolicy.org
Thu Sep 7 14:25:58 UTC 2017

Durbin is on this subcommittee. Direct line is: (202) 224-2152

[image: Just Foreign Policy]
<http://org.salsalabs.com/dia/track.jsp?key=-1&url_num=1&url=http%3A%2F%2Fjustforeignpolicy.org>

Dear Robert,

Senator Chris Murphy (D-CT) will offer an amendment today in the Senate
Foreign Operations Appropriations Subcommittee conditioning U.S. "security
assistance" to Saudi Arabia on a certification by Secretary of State
Tillerson that Saudi Arabia is ensuring access for humanitarian aid to
Yemen - a certification Tillerson can't make while Saudi Arabia maintains
its blockade of Yemen. This amendment is very similar to an amendment
Murphy offered last year that almost passed the subcommittee.

One of your Senators is on this subcommittee [1]. Call your Senator on the
subcommittee now at 202-225-3121 <(202)%20225-3121>. When you reach a
staffer or leave a message, you can say something like:

"I urge the Senator to support the Murphy amendment to break the Saudi
blockade of Yemen so that Yemeni children can live."

Thanks for all you do to help make U.S. foreign policy more just,

Robert Naiman, Avram Reisman, and Sarah Burns
Just Foreign Policy

*If you think our work is important, support us with a $17 donation.*
http://www.justforeignpolicy.org/donate