[Peace] [Peace-discuss] Invasion of Syria

Karen Aram karenaram at hotmail.com
Tue Apr 10 23:18:10 UTC 2018

 A proper response would be masses demonstrating in the streets, as was done over Iraq. Was anything accomplished? Obviously not, given we have invaded and destroyed seven nations since Iraq.

 Perhaps the American people need to be more militant, as in France, it does at least make international news, unlike the biggest demos against war in 2003, they may have made it to some European nations, but they sure didn’t make it to the Philippines or Thailand. Not on any of the cable news stations, or even Al Jazeera at the time, or so I was told.

Civil resistance with strikes, sit downs, boycotts, all those things that will if nothing else, embarrass the government?

Chris Hedges has suggested blocking traffic with old cars piled up from junk yards, or whatever we can use to bring about change and an end to war etc. I’m too old for that.

Threatening Impeachment is a good idea, it would have to include every other President, as well.  So we know how far that would go.

Insist on Congressional approval to go to war? Now, I’m going to laugh, and I really shouldn’t given this is a very serious issue.

We could protest in front of our Rep. Rodney Davis’s office, yeah right, here is me laughing again.

Maybe you have a better suggestion.