[Peace] peace demonstration tomorrow, Saturday, December 1, 2018; 2pm-4pm, downtown Champaign, Main and Neil streets

kmedina67 kmedina67 at gmail.com
Sat Dec 1 18:52:40 UTC 2018

I have the signs loaded. If the weather is bad, we might dive inside and work on coming up with new messages for signs for these times, and possible articles to sharpen our pens with.
Inside wood probably be the coffee house where Doug, Dan, and Annie go after demos. What is the name of that place?

- Karen Medina"The really great make you feel that you, too, can become great" - Mark Twain

-------- Original message --------From: Karen Medina <kmedina67 at gmail.com> Date: 11/30/18  17:48  (GMT-06:00) To: Peace List <peace at lists.chambana.net> Subject: peace demonstration tomorrow, Saturday, December 1, 2018; 2pm-4pm,
  downtown Champaign, Main and Neil streets
Peace demonstration / Saturday, December 1, 2018; 2pm-4pm

Forecast said something about rain so dress to keep dry. And warm
because it does get windy on those corners. (gloves. hat. layers.)

"Which corners?" you ask. The 4 corners of Neil Street and Main Street
in downtown Champaign Illinois.

Come prepared to talk about Yemen*, or peace, or your values, or your
politics -- or all of the above. We shall try to make the conversation
worth your time and discomfort.  GET OFF YOUR couch and join us.

If you can't make it, please devote 2 hours to using your MIGHTY PEN
to denounce war -- you have to share it to make it count.

You have been invited!**
-karen medina
-- --
Footnotes:
* or any other war in which the United States government is invested.
** I apologize for the reference to an ancient parable, but even
agnostics and atheists can enjoy the power of a good story sometimes.
The invitation is a reference to Luke 14:16-17, "A certain man
prepared a great banquet and invited many guests. When it was time for
the banquet, he sent his servant to tell those who had been invited,
‘Come, for everything is now ready.’" All of those invited were too
busy to come. // "Then the owner of the house became angry and said to
his servant, ‘Go out quickly into the streets and alleys of the city,
and bring in the poor, the crippled, the blind, and the lame.’ ...
"For I tell you, not one of those men who were invited will taste my
banquet.’”… // In this case, if you decline the invitation to be part
of anti-war movement, then you are joining the "good people" who do
nothing -- which refers to the line "All that is necessary for the
triumph of evil is that good men do nothing." which is often
attributed to Edmund Burke.