[Peace] tomorrow, Sunday: 2nd seminar on Global/local immigration

Susan Parenti susanroseparenti at gmail.com
Sat Feb 10 22:54:53 UTC 2018

Hello friends—Tomorrow is our second session of the seminar on global/local
immigration, Sunday, 4-6pm, 122 Franklin Street.  Please come if you can!
(see details down below).

Tomorrow we’ll talk about what we’ve found out about immigration in other
countries, and how people respond to the injustice of most of the policies
around it.

Rick Esbenshade has offered links to 2 articles he’s written on this
subject for the Public I:

http://publici.ucimc.org/refugee-crisis-a-crisis-of-europe/

> http://publici.ucimc.org/anti-refugeeism-without-refugees-in
> -eastern-europe/

*School for Designing a Society* invites you to a weekly community
“drop-in” seminar on global/local immigration:
*"How can investigating issues about immigration lead to activist
interventions in Champaign-Urbana?"*

Sundays  (Come when you can)
4-6pm
School for Designing a Society
122 Franklin St., Urbana, IL
<https://maps.google.com/?q=122+Franklin+St.,+Urbana,+IL&entry=gmail&source=g>

(tea and coffee provided)

*Seminar Sessions will include: *
- films and documentaries
- research the book *Global Heartlands *by Faranak Miraftab
- presentations by guests
- testimonials by emigrant neighbors
- collecting news reports about detentions/deportations/travel bans
- collecting  info about working conditions in places where immigrants work
- analyzing right wing exploitation of anti-immigrant sentiment around the
world
- researching pro-immigrant organizations in Illinois
- looking at labor organizing as it relates to immigration
- looking at other artistic responses to the issues - theater, songs,
films, poetry, visual art
- creating guerrilla theater interventions

This seminar is being organized at no cost to participants.
For info or to RSVP, please contact susan at designingasociety.net

--
*Susan Parenti*
*Educational Coordinator *