[Peace] AWARE on the Air, Tuesday 27 February

C G Estabrook cgestabrook at gmail.com
Wed Feb 28 13:43:26 UTC 2018

<https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qUltMq0zbzc <https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qUltMq0zbzc>>

Good evening and welcome to AWARE on the Air, presented by members and friends of AWARE, the “anti-war anti-racism effort,” a local Champaign-Urbana peace group.
I’m Carl Estabrook.

We are recording this at noon on Tuesday, February 27, in the studios of Urbana Public Television, Urbana, Illinois.

Our subject is the wars the US government is waging around the world, and the racism we display to those we’re killing, in accord with the Latin proverb, ‘Proprium humani ingenii est odisse quem laeseris” - “It’s human nature to hate those you have injured.”

At this moment the US is making war in Afghanistan, Iraq, Libya, Pakistan, Somalia, Syria, &  Yemen - principally to control the flow of oil out of the Mideast and North Africa, which the US uses as a weapon against its economic rivals from Germany to China.

Thousands of U.S. troops are killing people in these countries, although most Americans are barely aware of it.

~ More than a quarter of a million US troops are stationed in a thousand US bases on foreign soil, most of them ringing Russia and China.

~ The 70,000-members of the U.S. ‘Special Operations Command’ are active in three-quarters of the countries of the world. Their activities include kidnapping (‘rendition’), torture, and murder. As the rest of the world recognizes - but Americans don’t - they are nothing less than American death squads.

The rest of the world recognizes that the US today is what ML King called it long ago,  the “greatest purveyor of violence in the world today” - an international criminal surpassing all others. But most Americans don’t know that, protected as they are by government and media propaganda. What we do here at AWARE ON THE AIR is talk about US war-making.

###