[Peace] no AWARE entry in the parade, but if immigration is your issue, ACLU is #80

Karen Medina kmedina67 at gmail.com
Tue Jul 3 19:23:28 UTC 2018

Dear Peace,

For the 4th of July parade, AWARE does not have an entry this year.
But there are groups that might line up with your particular political issue.
* 7. Moms Demand Action -- guns
* 16. Don Moyer Boys and Girls Club
* 71. Champaign County Head Start
* 80 ACLU, #80 -- if immigration is an important issue for you, 3
spinners will be walking with the ACLU
* 83. Champaign County Bikes

I did not see any labor union entries. I will be interested to see
#42, the astronomy club's entry.

The parade steps off at 11am with all participants congregating behind
Assembly Hall.
Assembly Hall/State Farm Center
1800 S 1st St.
Champaign, IL 61820

The route: The parade begins near First & Kirby. Continues East on
Florida to Lincoln Ave. then proceeds North on Lincoln Ave to
California. Parade units turn onto Illinois street to disperse and
exit area at Goodwin Ave.

Potty houses and vendors are located throughout the parade route. See
the map for exact locations.

Maps:
* parade map: https://www.july4th.net/sites/default/files/admin-uploaded-forms/ParadeMap2018.jpg
* staging map: https://www.july4th.net/sites/default/files/maps/IMG_9150.jpg