[Peace] [Peace-discuss] 'Consistent ethic of life'

Anne Parkinson bjornsona at ameritech.net
Fri Jun 22 16:43:25 UTC 2018

Perhaps you noticed the N-G sentence in its (AP) Charles Krauthammer obituary today:

 "Krauthammer is credited with coining the term 'the Reagan Doctrine' for President Reagan's doctrine of aiding anti-Communist movements worldwide. "

That sent me looking for old news articles on the fall of the Berlin wall and the Eastern bloc revolutions.

 I knew Reagan's presidency (and his Vice President H.W. Bush, former head of the CIA) was famous for keeping brutal dictator Noriega in Panama and for Oliver North illegally selling arms to Iran to arm guerrillas against Daniel Ortega's people-supported Sandinistas in Nicaragua (Iran-Contra).  I was under the impression the Berlin wall fell and the Eastern bloc revolutions happened after Reagan's presidency. And they did: in 1989.

How else can this be worded? " President Reagan's doctrine of enforcing Multi-National-Corporation policies by legal and illegal means, including conducting peace talks with Gorbachev, the Cold War, the School of the Americas that taught torture, and allowing the CIA to foment anti-democratically-elected regime change around the world.

Returning to how and when the Berlin wall felI, the article below fits in very well with the "consistent ethic of life," Carl.The last paragraphs particularly are quite interesting. Not all credit is given to PJP - Baptists and other Christians are included. I would say that Love won - and always will - no matter which religions.

Why Did the Berlin Wall Fall? - The Imaginative Conservative

|   |
Why Did the Berlin Wall Fall? - The Imaginative Conservative
 The Berlin Wall and the Iron Curtain seemed to be permanent fixtures of the political landscape of Europe after ...  |   |