[Peace] Families belong together, sat Jun 30, 1-2, champ library

kmedina67 kmedina67 at gmail.com
Thu Jun 28 01:53:57 UTC 2018

Families Belong Together: Champaign-Urbana Rally - Residents of the Champaign-Urbana area are rallying for immigrant families to be reunited — we demand an end to these horrific policies! Join us at the Champaign library and march with us to the intersection of Green and Neil. Bring signs and be prepared for hot weather! Cosponsored by The People's Agenda.

Saturday, June 30th

1-2pm

Champaign Public Library

SUNDAY

The Anti-Harassment, Equality, & Access Panel is beginning its statewide roundtable discussion tour right here in Champaign this Sunday!

Please join Comptroller Susana Mendoza, State Senator Melinda Bush, and Representative Carol Ammons for an honest conversation about the barriers women face in politics. These sessions are designed for women who have worked on campaigns at all levels, in any party in Illinois, to provide guidance for the Panel’s final report on improving workplace culture.

For those women who can’t participate in these panels, a website has been created where feedback can be provided either by name or anonymously on the Panel website.

Sunday, July 1st,

11am

Registration required and location will be emailed to you.

Women Making Waves 2018 - Former Ohio State Senator and current President of Our Revolution Nina Turner will be the keynote speaker at this year's Women Making Waves Brunch hosted by Representative Carol Ammons!

Senator Turner is committed to advocating for progressive ideals and values and is a clear example of why we need more women in politics. In a time where there is a new story of sexual harassment nearly every day, a voice like Nina's is vital to motivate and energize women to take leadership positions in all levels of our government.

Women Making Waves is committed to encouraging more women to run for office. Right now women account for only 19% of Congress but are 51% of the population. Let’s change this.

Seating is limited - purchase your tickets now! Tickets prices are a sliding scale of $50-$150 now, $200 at the door. So don't wait, pay what you can and purchase your tickets now.