[Peace] Win Without War: It could come down to Sen. Duckworth's vote

Robert Naiman naiman at justforeignpolicy.org
Mon Mar 19 20:41:40 UTC 2018

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: Kate Kizer <info at winwithoutwar.org>
Date: Mon, Mar 19, 2018 at 4:15 PM
Subject: It could come down to Sen. Duckworth's vote
To: Robert R Naiman <naiman at justforeignpolicy.org>

The Senate’s huge vote to end America’s shameful role in the Yemen war
could be tomorrow. It’s going to be down to the wire.
[image: Win Without War]

*Your Illinois Senator Tammy Duckworth is a key vote to end the suffering
in Yemen. The Senate could vote as soon as tomorrow. Please, make your
voice heard today. **Click here or dial: 1-833-STOPWAR*
<https://act.winwithoutwar.org/go/4821?t=1&akid=1620%2E325488%2EovrgI_>

Robert,

The Senate’s huge vote to end America’s shameful role in the Yemen war
could be tomorrow. It’s going to be down to the wire. *And Illinois Sen.
Tammy Duckworth is one of a handful of key votes.*

Our coalition has driven an incredible 10,000 calls from activists like
you, urging the Senate to pass S.J.Res.54 to stop America’s role in bombing
and starving Yemen.* But Sen. Duckworth needs to hear from more people in
Illinois to commit to voting yes. *

*That’s where you come in, Robert. As Sen. Tammy Duckworth's constituent,
YOUR voice is the most powerful pressure they can hear in what could be
just hours left before this vote.*

*Can you take 90 seconds **(even if you’ve already called!) **to make a
call that could alleviate the suffering of 8.4 million Yemeni people?*
<https://act.winwithoutwar.org/go/4821?t=2&akid=1620%2E325488%2EovrgI_>

<https://act.winwithoutwar.org/go/5000?t=3&akid=1620%2E325488%2EovrgI_>

*Weddings. Hospitals. Schools. *Those are the civilian targets our public
dollars help to bomb in Yemen. But just last week, Senator Elizabeth Warren
got the Department of Defense to admit on camera that our military doesn’t
even track who or what Saudi Arabia’s American-made bombs hit.

The vote that could happen as soon as tomorrow is our biggest, best chance
to end U.S. support for this unconscionable crisis. But it’s still up in
the air if we will we squeak past the 51-vote threshold. And Sen. Duckworth
could be critical to putting this vote over the top.

Senators are making up their minds as I type. *If Sen. Duckworth hears from
you today, they will walk into tomorrow’s vote with the most powerful
motivation to vote YES: The knowledge that you’ll hold them accountable if
they greenlight U.S. cash, bombs, and planes flowing straight into bombing
and starving 8.4 million Yemeni people.*

*Please, call now and help Sen. Duckworth make up their mind on S.J.Res. 54
before it’s too late.*
<https://act.winwithoutwar.org/go/4821?t=4&akid=1620%2E325488%2EovrgI_>

Thank you for working for peace,

Kate, Mariam, Erica, and the Win Without War team

*Donate
<https://secure.actblue.com/donate/winwithoutwar?refcode=emfooter&t=5&akid=1620%2E325488%2EovrgI_>*
[image:
Like on Facebook] <https://www.facebook.com/winwithoutwar> [image: Follow
on Twitter] <https://twitter.com/winwithoutwar>

Win Without War is a project of the Center for International Policy.
2000 M Street NW, Suite 720, Washington, DC 20036
<https://maps.google.com/?q=2000+M+Street+NW,+Suite+720,+Washington,+DC+20036&entry=gmail&source=g>
(202) 232-3317 | info at winwithoutwar.org