[Peace] local "March for Our Lives" event / Douglass Park, Sat. 2:30

Karen Medina kmedina67 at gmail.com
Fri Mar 23 03:53:01 UTC 2018

Dear Peace,

You may have heard about the National March for Our Lives event that is
happening in DC this coming Saturday.

There will be a local event in solidarity! Please come support the young
people!
What: March for Our Lives CU
Where: Douglass Park, 512 E. Grove St., Champaign Illinois 61820
When: Saturday, March 24, 2018; 2:30pm to 5:30pm
Why: On *March 24,* the kids and families of March For Our Lives will take
to the streets of Washington DC to demand that their lives and safety
become a priority and that we end gun violence and mass shootings in our
schools today.
Who: Hosted by CU Mda (CU Moms Demand Action for gun sense in America)

The weather might be cold and snowy, but they are saying "These amazing
students have poured their hearts and souls and spring break hours into
this, so let's bundle up and get out there to show our support and our
commitment to gun violence prevention!"

Kids of all ages are welcome to attend! This will be a family-friendly
event. The rally will be about an hour long, and the march will be .6
miles, so those might be considerations for anyone interested in bringing
young children.

Links:
* Facebook event for the CU march:
https://www.facebook.com/events/1943094909268395/1949512565293296/