[Peace] Immigration Seminar today, Sunday, 4-6pm: gun regulation w/ pro-immigrant activism?

Susan Parenti susanroseparenti at gmail.com
Sun Mar 25 14:26:09 UTC 2018

Hi friends—please come to the seminar on immigration today, Sunday, 4-6 pm.
It’s held at 122 Franklin Street, the ‘Parkhouse’. Coffee and tea provided.

The seminar is built around our talking with one another, on topics or
questions where we’re trying to figure out an answer/way to
talk/respond/action to take.

Here are three potential topics, suggested by a few people:
Topic 1: What are ways to connect the current activism around gun violence
with activism around immigration?  When NRA uses the language-'It's not
guns that kill people, it's people who kill people" in order to deflect
blame, is there something similar in the ways we're made to talk about
immigration?

Topic 2: What do people think they are referring to when they say some
group of people is 'stealing our jobs'? What does one have to assume for
this phrase to make sense?

Topic 3: what are other places/cities/universities doing in relation to ICE
deportations. Could people research this?

Susan

--
*Susan Parenti*
*Educational Coordinator *