[Peace] No immigration seminar this Sunday April 1; great immigration activist coming to town this Thursday evening.

Susan Parenti susanroseparenti at gmail.com
Sat Mar 31 01:06:31 UTC 2018

Hi friends—many of you have indicated you’ll be out of town or otherwise
busy on this holiday Sunday—so let’s skip meeting Sunday April 1,
And reconvene on Sunday, April 8, 4-6pm.

Friend Ricardo Diaz has let us know that there’s a great immigration
activist coming this Thursday. Read down below, I’ll be going—anyone
needing a ride should contact me.

We don’t yet have *the exact time and place*—it will be Thursday evening
but the exact time and place is not yet available. I’ll let you know when
and where, when I know.

Hi all(from Ricardo)

This is a short notice invite to involve your group or class with an
immigration policy activist that will be in the area next Thursday the 5th.

Jane Guskin <https://www.linkedin.com/in/jane-guskin-51a420114/>; the
second edition of her book is just out and it might be a good opportunity
to get a discussion going beyond our Immmigration 101 opportunities all the
way up to resisting ICE.

She says and includes the attached flyer:

I had not even thought of doing a book event, but that would be great. Yes,
it's only a week away, but it seems worth a try. Here's a description of
the dialogue model I would prefer to use, rather than a traditional book
talk: http://thepoliticsofimmigration.org/our-immigration-dialogues/. I
have used this model in classrooms too, so if any professors are interested
I can do the dialogue with a class on Wednesday or Thursday in addition to
a Thursday evening public event.

.
​I'd like to finalize an event or visit by tomorrow morning, Saturday, so
we can have books shipped in case people want to know more. If you'd like
to forward this to others, please feel free.

Text or call me ASAP?
​
​Thanks for considering this,​

Ricardo Diaz  xpenn.diaz at gmail.com

cell # 217 979-0255

“If I quit now, I will soon be back to where I started. And when I
started I was desperately wishing to be where I am now.”

--
*Susan Parenti*
*Educational Coordinator *

*The School for Designing a Society *www.designingasociety.net