[Peace] April 8th - Charlie King sings at UCIMC

Stuart Levy stuartnlevy at gmail.com
Sat Mar 31 16:57:47 UTC 2018

Below is a concert that is happening next Sunday. April 8th at the UCIMC
202, S. Broadway in Urbana. Please forward to anybody you think might be
interested.

For more about Charlie: https://www.charlieking.org/

(King has come to C-U several times before and we've enjoyed hearing
him.  Karen and I have shirts from King with the refrain from one of his
songs: /“Our life is more than our work, and our work is more than our
job.”/  -- Stuart)

PRESENTED BY THE UCIMC

Tickets: $15, $10 students at the door

Charlie King is a musical storyteller and political satirist. He has
been at the heart of American folk music for half a century. He sings
and writes passionately about the extraordinary lives of ordinary people.

His songs have been sung by Pete Seeger, Holly Near, Ronnie Gilbert,
John McCutcheon, Arlo Guthrie, Peggy Seeger, Chad Mitchell and Judy
Small, to name a few.

“With encouraging regularity, Charlie King emerges from his
self-reflection to remind us of the happy resilience of the human
spirit. His message songs vary between the funny and the frightening,
but he pulls them off with unvarying taste, musical skill, and charm.”
Billboard

“One of the finest singers and songwriters of our time.”
Pete Seeger

Charlie’s central vision as an entertainer is to leave audiences with a
sense of optimism and possibility about the future. “I try to cover a
broad emotional landscape in my concerts. The stories I collect and the
songs I write take the listener on a journey of humor, heartache and
hope. What I most value in a song is the way it helps us see an old
reality in a totally new light.”