[Peace] Between Christmas & New Years Drive to W. Virginia for FRee!

Susan Parenti susanroseparenti at gmail.com
Wed Nov 7 21:28:47 UTC 2018

Patch and I are making a get-together on our land in West Virginia this
winter, between Christmas and New Year’s——for morale, for connected-ness,
for fun, for figuring out activism in these times. This is a crazy idea (as
I write down below) but maybe crazy is right for these times.

Several cars will be going from Urbana to WestVirginia and back--and
there's room for several people to come along.

So here is the official invitation:

*We invite you to spend the week between Christmas and New Years with us at
our Institute in the Blue Ridge Mountains of West Virginia! Patch Adams,
Mark Enslin, and the rest of our team will be there all week (me too), with
the closing event being a whack-o New Years Eve party!*

*A week between Christmas and New Years in West Virginia? Crazy, right?
Hey---this is the time in our world to break out 'good crazy'----and this
will be really GOOD crazy.*

*We're calling this week the Health Care Justice Celebration, and the focus
will be on the question--- how to be an activist while working as a
professional in care systems? In addition to guest presentations, there
will be skit-making, theater, role games where we move from the problems we
see to solutions/dream we want.*

*Want to present on ideas/projects you're involved with and excited about?
Let us know—we're reserving late afternoons for participant's workshops and
presentations.*

*More information (and on-line application) is available at:*

*http://www.patchadams.org/course/health-care-justice-celebration
<http://www.patchadams.org/course/health-care-justice-celebration>.*

*Cost: $800 for room, board, airport pickup, program. Place: Gesundheit
Institute, Hillsboro West VirginiaTime: sessions begin 6pm December 27,
thru 11am January 1, 2019*

*Who should attend? people with a stake in care systems----health care
providers, environmental justicers, med-and-nursing-students, teachers,
ecologists, students, business people, patients.*
*Bonus: join us at our New Year’s Eve Party!!!*

*To apply: contact programming at patchadams.org <programming at patchadams.org>*

*[image: HCJC-2019-Final-toSend-Final.jpeg]*

--
*Susan Parenti*
*Educational Coordinator *

*The School for Designing a Society *www.designingasociety.net